Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

After much decision making ive decided to get into freeriding.

im looking for a bike under 2k with 6-7 inches of travel that i can still pedal around

I was thiking along the lines of

2005 Kona Coiler
2005 Spec Big Hit

any other sugestions would help im really just trying to decide between these two which ide be happier with.

Thanx very much

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just got a 05 Coiler and so far I love it. The big hit spec was the other one i was looking at but the coiler is much more pedal friendly. As far as i know the big hit only has one chainring so going up will be a pain in the ass.
I think the marzocchi fork on the coiler is better than the fork on the bighit and the coiler has hydro brakes compared to the cable disk of the bighit. The coiler has a Vanilla R rear shock not sure what a X-Fusion Glyde Super shock of the bighit is like but i'm guessing it aint as good as the fox.
For me the bottom line when deciding between these bikes was the coiler has better components and even though it is a bit more expensive the cost of making the bighit pedal friendly brings the bighit fairly close to the coiler in price but still has inferior components.
Hope that helps, let us know what you decide on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.