Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Picture Unrelated
5,123 Posts
I could be wrong, but I believe the bottom bracket for that crank is oversized or BB30 and unless you have the same BB setup on the bike you're trying to put it on, it won't work.

Also, if you're doing aggressive riding, this crank may not hold up with it's extremely light construction.

·
Picture Unrelated
5,123 Posts
BB shell sizes are either 68 or 73mm. If the shell size is the same, it should fit.

You may run into clearance issues if the frame is not intended on running that crank. A careful test fit will tell you what you need to know.

·
Picture Unrelated
5,123 Posts
Well you're going to have to be a bit more help with your posts.

What have you done and what is your problem? General statements about will this crank fit are no help if you've put the thing on and it's hitting the stays. If it hits the stays, it doesn't fit.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Eliflap, I think the best way would be to put the cranks together (off the bike) and measure it with a digital micrometer. Then you would have to compare it to measurements from a mountain crank. For the spider, I think you would have better luck getting one made by mattias seeing as they have been out of stock for a few months now.

·
FIRENZE rulez !!
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
amillmtb said:
Eliflap, I think the best way would be to put the cranks together (off the bike) and measure it with a digital micrometer. Then you would have to compare it to measurements from a mountain crank. For the spider, I think you would have better luck getting one made by mattias seeing as they have been out of stock for a few months now.
i tried this morning on a scalpel frame ... arms hitting the chainstays :madman: i need other 25 mm more

spider not a problem , i already have it

i am waiting for a mtb Lightning crank ...i saw it has the spindle in 3 sectors ...

my whishes : find a "extension" for the specy spindle ...

Oz said:
I know this is a bit off topic, but Eliflap, what are you doing out of the Cannondale forum?
please .... must i stay always in my cage ? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.