Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 18 Pivot Mach 429 Trail running 27.5 on DT swiss m1700, DT Swiis Hubs, Tires are Maxxis reckon 2.8, Cassette is XT M8000 11 x 46. Disc brakes are RT 86 Centerlock Ice Tech 180mm/160mm.

Looking to pick up a used set of 29 wheels, but I really do not have a grasp between Hubs types on XD, XT, HG, Microspline etc.

Can one hub converted to the other cassette type etc? I know I need 148 mm boost for the rear hub in width etc.

Not looking for anything to crazy tough on rims, but looking at category 4 type rims. Normally see my fair share of rocks and roots, but nothing to extreme.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
There’s 3 freehub/driver standards for MTB, they are - shimano freehub (or HG), XD (for SRAM 11/12spd excluding NX and below), and Shimano’s new Microspline for their 12spd groupsets.
For DT Swiss, you simply have to remove the existing freehub or driver body to whichever you want to replace it with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.