Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to set the sag pressure. Seems like I have to set the pressure way higher than the suggested pressure. Is that true for others?

Plus why do I have two holes on the lower shock eyelet? I can't seem to find any info that explains the two choices.

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Set the sag with whatever works for you, the suggested is a guide.

Lower shock eyelet, if it's the same as on the 2009 it's for setting your bottom bracket height high/low.

·
Registered
710 Posts
The 2 holes. Bottom bracket height and head tube angle (mine has it printed next to the hole).

I'm not sure of the pressure/ sag thing. I just set it where it feels right.

Rock

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok lets put it this way... I can guess that it changes the height of the back end, and therefore changes the bikes geometry, but what does that really mean.

Is one setting better for down hill? Maybe one is better for cross county, or trail riding? Something like that...

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yes, Exactly.

The higher Bottom Bracket setting is more cross country oriented and the lower is more "down hill" oriented. The lower setting makes the head tube angle more slack, slowing the steering making it more stable at higher speeds. The higher bottom bracket setting makes the head tube angle steeper which quickens the steering for more manuverability at slower speeds, plus more clearance for the pedals and rings over logs and rocks on the trail.......At least that's what I've come to understand from people much smarter than I am. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Rock

1 - 6 of 6 Posts