Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Marin Headlands 2, Santa Cruz Stigmata, Marin DSX2
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just ordered a 2011 King Kahuna 29 frame and I'm trying to figure out what size seat post and seat collar I need for the frame.
can somebody help me out please, becouse I need to order the components...
Can you guys show me your Kahuna and tell me the spec sof I can have an idea of weight
and building .
I was going to buy a Rocky Mountain Vertex 29 but unfortunally they were out of stock and so I decided to go with a Kona.
please pictures!!
ciao

·
upgrade until you suck
190 Posts
Kona has standardized on 31.6mm seatposts. A 35mm seat post collar will be what you need there too, but the frame comes with one. I bought the 2011 Big Unit frame, which is identical except the dropouts.

My Big Unit frame weighed 4lb 2oz, or 1870g, and all built up with a Niner fork and as a SS, it comes in at 21lbs.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi ,
thank you, does the frame come with a der hanger too? and is scandium better than alluminum ?
How do you like your Kona unit? Do you think Kona frames are good quality?
ciao

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The kahuna frame has tapered HT , can I use a regolar 1 1/8 fork or I need a tapered steer too? I was thinking to get the Marzocchi 44 TST 29 15mm. And wat kind of headset do I need?
thank you

·
Registered
171 Posts
i bought a 09 kahuna. great frame! it's far from a stock bike now. very comfy geometery. weight wise mine's 27.8lbs. I could get it lighter then that, but i built it to be all mountain-ish. i've been riding konas for years. still rocking my 05 scrap. that frame took tons of abuse and keeps going. and if worst case scenario happens (frame break) they are awesome about warranty ( i know cause of working for kona dealers and sending stuff back)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.