Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well hear it is. Time has come for a new ride. Money is a little tight. This will be the only mtb in the stable. I live on Long Island, NY. So most of the trails are twisty and tight with some short climbs. I wanna go SS. But i'm not sure about 29. The top end of the budget is $1300. I'm 5'10 220 Just getting back into it after some time away. The race weight is 180. So alot of work ahead of me! I have an xtr crank, atac carbon pedals, flite saddle, thomson 110 mm stem, 2 sets of Avid bb7's complete with levers,to throw on whatever ride I choose. I like the idea of the big wheels soaking up the bumps. I want a hardtail but suspension fork is not a big must. For now! Been looking at the Following rides.
Kona Unit 29
Fisher Rig
Redline Monocog (i think, green, disc brakes)

I also have a steel cog (19t)
kmc chain
titec low rise bars
thudbuster post. Now is it worth taking all thes parts and going frame, fork and wheels. Or go new ride?

All input is welcome. Thanks in adavance.:thumbsup:

·
wait a minute....
216 Posts
frame and fork

for $1300 you can get a nice frame and fork along with a top notch wheelset and some tires. my haro mary was 800 and i love it. for your 1300 and the parts you already have you should be able to build a bike i wish i had(niner sir nine with niner fork and a.m. classic wheelset)

·
donkey
263 Posts
the rig is a good bet, that one always gets great reviews. as far as the monocog flite 29er, it looks like you can afford something alittle better -- although that is a great bike if your looking for steel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys. Well I went with the Redline Monocog Flite 29. I put on my xtr cranks, king headset, thomson stem, a carbon bar, time atac carbon pedals, flite saddle, and bb7 brakes with speed dial levers. Like I said earlier I had all the parts I wanted. Now it is time to ride. I think I will ride this wheelset for 1 season save some cash and build up a set of Hopes on Mavics I have a spare set of rotors.
ThanksAgain

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.