Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son just got a Rush 600 and we did a night/snow ride together a few days ago. He was complaining about his wrists hurting and I told him to toughen up. Yesterday, I took that bike out myself for a couple hours and noticed a definite difference vs. my Jeckyll (which is outfitted with Easton high-rise Monkeybars). With the saddle at the proper height, the Rush feels more forward-leaning putting a lot of pressure on the hands. It came stock with FSA risers, but they look like the equivalent to Easton low-rise. I want to find a way to get this bike's geometry to be more upright and was wondering what you folks think. Should I be focused on finding bars with a higher rise, a riser stem, or combination of the two? I don't want to spend a ton of money to fix this problem but I also don't want to leave it in a state where riding won't be fun.

Thanks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I would just go to your shop where you bought the bike, and ask if they've got a one of the short lefty stems with a 45º rise. It's easier than swapping the bars, and if you're shop's nice, they may do it for free.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
C'dale part?

pin-it said:
I would just go to your shop where you bought the bike, and ask if they've got a one of the short lefty stems with a 45º rise. It's easier than swapping the bars, and if you're shop's nice, they may do it for free.
Is that a Cannondale stem? Does it provide both a ride and get the bars a little closer to the rider?

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.