Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a VT2 for about a year now and I keep on having problems with the drivetrain. I already changed a BB (but this happens you know) I am 240lb. But now when I climb and have to put any pressure on the pedals all of a sudden there is no more resistance on the pedals and I just spin forward freely as there is a bad inner cassette. Some times also the chain jumps for the middle sprocket over the small sprocket all the way to the frame. I have whipped out pretty bed several times. If anyone knows what is going on please help me out……………as of right now I cannot go up anything steep. :confused:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Same Problem

Sounds like what happens to me...I think your rear hub is on its last leg. I'm a big dude too (260lbs) and have gone through 3 deore hubs (they are super cheap) and a XT hub. Big guys like us put a lot of strain on the drive train...I figure the life expectancy is greatly shorten due to the heaver load put on the drive train.

If you can swing the cash, you might consider upgrading your rear hub to something beefier like a Hadley or a DT Swiss FR.

Just trying to help :)

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dimka935 said:
I have a VT2 for about a year now and I keep on having problems with the drivetrain. I already changed a BB (but this happens you know) I am 240lb. But now when I climb and have to put any pressure on the pedals all of a sudden there is no more resistance on the pedals and I just spin forward freely as there is a bad inner cassette. Some times also the chain jumps for the middle sprocket over the small sprocket all the way to the frame. I have whipped out pretty bed several times. If anyone knows what is going on please help me out……………as of right now I cannot go up anything steep. :confused:
I agree with the others on the bad freewheel/pawl possibility. Could also be work chainrings or cassette. If anything looks pointy, instead of flat topped it could be your issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.