Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a project this near months and is to build an Ibis HD. My current bike is a YETI ASR-7, beefy bike, but I want to move to some more light (actual weight 15 kg @ 33lbs). My big concern is the geometry of the ibis, I had previously a SC Nomad and loved the angles for going downhill and very capable going uphill also, I don't want to go back to SC due that the price for the carbon frame increased and now are manufactured overseas, I prefer to stay paying higher but not done for any company of 1000's of peoples (I know that some will hate the comment). That's why I bought the Yeti in 2009 and because the HD was in the board yet.

So if any here have an Ibis and previously had a SC Nomad, let me know the impressions, what about standover, bb height, top tube length, those are my main concerns.

Cheers and thanks! ;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the chart Bajaguy, I already made one in Excel las night ;) but yours is more nice jajaja... I still need some input from a rider-owner of two of these beauties, if you could help`me to fin some info will be very useful also. I already saved the info from your link, thanks a lot.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I love my HD.
It is bar none the best cornering and jumping bike I've ever owned.
It is not a lazy man's bike though. Meaning it needs an active/aggressive rider to make it come alive. Its not a barcalounger where you can sit back and hang on.
It is also one of the easiest bikes to manual and wheelie.
So much fun!!
Nomad was nice with no glaring faults, but I really prefer the DW link set up on the HD and the spring curve is on the money. Nice short stays, and the top tube is not too long, which prevents front end lifting on the climbs. To me, I judge a bike purely on "fun factor", and the HD is just more funner :).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.