Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Yo Paseo El Scream
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the oil, and i tried putting it in, but when i put it in, the oil just goes out and falls off the spring. How do i do this so it goes directly into the fork, and also what amount of oil would you all reccomend?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
BansheeHucker said:
I got the oil, and i tried putting it in, but when i put it in, the oil just goes out and falls off the spring. How do i do this so it goes directly into the fork, and also what amount of oil would you all reccomend?
lol.....try removing the springs when you fill your fork.

Also the oil height is measured with the springs out, fork compressed, 90-100mm from the top.....dont forget to cycle the cartridges.

·
Registered
96 Posts
What Zedro said...

Also, if you aren't sure what he means by "cycle the cartridges," it means make sure you cycle, or run the lowers up and down the stanchions through the forks travel several times while you are filling it. So add a bit of oil, cycle the fork, lil bit more oil, and so on until you get the desired amount in there. Try adding about 3/4 of what you think you will need, and then ride it in your driveway and see how that feels. Its much easier to fine tune if you have to add instead of take out. Also, you probably don't need to put all the oil in that was sent to you so don't worry about what you spilled, you dont wanna overfill it. When I got my Super T dialed in I think I added between 15-20mL to each stanchion. I weigh 145lbs and ride Mountain Creek and Whistler. Peace

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.