Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought some 06 Pikes. I have 2003 Mavic XLs, and have found that the Maxle is an extremely tight fit in the XL hub - to the extent I've used a mallet to get it in!
The problem seems to be around the edges of the hub, as they meet with ends of the maxle.
Anyone else experienced this problem? and/or got any solutions.
I'm thinking of filing the internal face of the hub, but not sure if this is a good idea strength / structure wise, but I really don't want to have to buy a new front wheel

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
I had this problem with my RS Domain, not with the wheel but when using a "fork up" adapter. The adapter would not line up with the fork leg hole on the QR lever side, I filed the paint and a little material away on one end of the adapter and it went together smoothly. I bet the end cap of the hub is not fitting onto the fork leg correctly to where the axle is lining up right, try filing a little material off the hub's end cap like I did with the adpater.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.