Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
robe2
Specialized Stumpy
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All:

The fight to save the Office of Greenways and Trails is not over! The Governor's proposed budget still includes the recommendations of FDEP Secretary Vinyard. These recommendations still call for the elimination of the Office of Greenways and Trails.

The Greenways and Trails Foundation has prepared information for your use in contacting your Senators and Representatives. I have posted it to the OMBA forum at www.omba.org, along with all of the names and contact email addresses for both the Senate and House committee members involved in this budget issue.

We have about two weeks to make our voices heard! Make no mistake, if the OGT is eliminated and rolled into State Parks with the proposed cuts in staffing levels, our enjoyment of the trails on the Greenway will inevitably be restricted or eliminated altogether.

The email links found in my original posting at www.omba.org are still the folks you need to contact. Emails, phone calls and letters are needed.

One discussion that needs to be had is whether to charge a user fee similar to that charged by State Parks. With about 4million users of OGT property last year, a user fee of $2 would have generated $8M, which is nearly double the entire budget for the OGT annually. I, for one, would be more than willing to purchase a $50 annual pass to use the Greenway....money well spent, and about what it costs me to take my family of 4 to the movies ONCE!

Please, I urge you to write a message to your legislators! There is no time to spare.

For the Trails,
Rob Ern, VP
OMBA

·
robe2
Specialized Stumpy
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Additional Information

All:
2 more quick items:

First, please change subject lines and text...don't just copy/paste my bullet points. Emails with the same subject line get ignored.

Also, please copy FDEP Secretary, Herschel Vinyard, on all correspondence. Mr. Vinyard is responsible for sending a proposed budget (with cuts) to the Legislature, and needs to hear our voice as well. His email is: [email protected]

Thanks,
Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.