Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Is my rear tire flat?
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Fox RP3 on a 2006 Santa Cruz Juliana (gf's rig) size medium purchased, not locally to me, in 04/04/06.

The lock-out position no longer locks out the shock. Also only half of the travel is showing now even without a rider on the bike. Checked shock pressure on the trail (100 PSI) and added some to check, still no change.

Looks like I might have to send it in but was wondering if this was common or could it be something else???

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
248 Posts
sounds like the shock is stuck down...try letting all the air out and then refilling it and see if there are any changes. If not, then the shock is stuck down and you can send it in and FOX will fix it

·
Registered
839 Posts
If it is stuck down go to the fox site and watch the service vid, it covers the stuck down issue.

wayne

·
Registered
142 Posts
It's a common problem. It happened to me and after reading many posts on this forum you basically just grab the main cylinder and unscrew it. There is air trapped on the wrong side of some valve and when you unscrew it you will hear a loud pop. Push the white seal back down in place if it moved then screw it back together. Pump it up and you should be good to go for a while. Mine never stuck back down but if yours does then you'll have to buy the $6 seal kit mentioned above.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
yeah, your shock is in the process of going complete stuck down...this is common on Fox air shocks...like this will be happening every month or two...i don't run anything fox ever again...last time i used one, it went stuck down after 8 miles of a 41 miles ride...yeah never again

·
Is my rear tire flat?
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fox Video

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I looked at the Fox site but I did not see the video helping with the "stuck down" issue. Anyone have this or know where it may be.
Thanks again,
db

·
Registered
839 Posts
dlbennett said:
Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I looked at the Fox site but I did not see the video helping with the "stuck down" issue. Anyone have this or know where it may be.
Thanks again,
db
Its the service video, will go ever the stuck down issue.

wayne

·
Is my rear tire flat?
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Done!

I purchased the sleeve seal kit with 5cc of fluid from local bike shop and completed the repairs today in 1 hour. Pretty straight forward and after pumping up the shock, it seems good to go. Going to ride tonight and I will report back if it does not hold.

Thanks for all of the advice!

db

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.