Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help all,

My ML has just arrived - loooooooooong story but an 06 large ML which was built up at factory for a customer who cancelled so their loss was my gain.
Anyway has arrived with 07 Talas 32 and RP23 but NO MANUALS !!:madman:
Apparently my contact still has em in the states and will send them out soon.
Im itching to ride so need help with pressures etc
Weight 190 lb what pressures are you all using ??

New Kiwi ML rider :thumbsup:

Mike Williams

·
Registered
280 Posts
For the RP23, I would say 160 - 165psi. I think we came up with an 85% of rider weight for the 23. As far as the Talas, I'm really not sure. Never ridden a Fox fork.

I would say go with whatever gives you 25% sag, front and back.... easy peasy.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
mw04snow said:
Help all,

My ML has just arrived - loooooooooong story but an 06 large ML which was built up at factory for a customer who cancelled so their loss was my gain.
Anyway has arrived with 07 Talas 32 and RP23 but NO MANUALS !!:madman:
Apparently my contact still has em in the states and will send them out soon.
Im itching to ride so need help with pressures etc
Weight 190 lb what pressures are you all using ??

New Kiwi ML rider :thumbsup:

Mike Williams
Mike a new kiwi ML rider. Where you based? Dam ya make me miss home...

Have no clue about the Talas 32, but on the RP23, have a play, I am around 10 lb's lighter, I have around 150 in the shock, but have a play, would start at around 170 then go from there............Go here and download the manual for the fork and shock http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tech_center/index.htm

Best of luck, we need pics of my home terrain buddy

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Far prefer Sag on my ML than on my woman !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
dulyebr said:
my left one has a little more than 25%. Is that normal?
Shesh, mine has more sag on the left also, this could well be a mtb thing............Who else has sag on there left one ??????????????

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Whafe

I live Lake Okareka just out of Rotovegas (Rotorua ) here in NZ.
For you US guys we had the 06 WorldChamps here.
To make you all jealous I ride singletrack form my home by the lake to work in town !!!
Just fine tuning the ride and will org pics esp some scenery for the homesick Whafe !!
Blue 06 ML large ,07 32 TALAS , 07 RP23. Juicy Carbons , 160 rotors ( prob need bigger on front),DT Swiss 240s + XR4.1d wheels,Nevegal 2.35 way too big for me , MAXM stem ,monkeylite carbon bars ,07 X9 triggers + rear mech + prob new avid matchmaker also will prob upgrade to goodridge brake lines, XT cranks ,crap seatpost etc will prob get thompson ? will need layback
Ill take the bike to a local frame guy who is going to help finetune set up

Thanks all

Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.