Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im goin there on a family vacation and bring the bike and need to find a nice place to ride. Please anyone have any info on a good place to ride tell me

·
Registered
174 Posts
Any drive under an hour will yield FLAT, very FLAT did I mention FLAT riding. There are a couple of small parks in North Delaware with mild hills. ANy significant riding would be in Central - West Maryland or up towards Jim Thorpe PA. I could be badly mistaken but I spent several months in Delaware over the last few years. Find a local bike shop, Delaware has a bikers/recreational map you can get.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Your out of luck. There is nothing as far as I've come accross South of Newark, DE. A little over an hour north of your location. Coming from a guy thats lived in DE all his life. There are a couple of state parks such as Killlens Pond with "multi use" trails but they aren't worth the time in even finding directions to them. There are 5 parks with great trails around Newark. The local bike club has a major involvement in trail construction so they are geared towards bikers.
kjfp said:
Any drive under an hour will yield FLAT, very FLAT did I mention FLAT riding. There are a couple of small parks in North Delaware with mild hills. ANy significant riding would be in Central - West Maryland or up towards Jim Thorpe PA. I could be badly mistaken but I spent several months in Delaware over the last few years. Find a local bike shop, Delaware has a bikers/recreational map you can get.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I know a great ride: The state of Delaware

Rjabs said:
Im goin there on a family vacation and bring the bike and need to find a nice place to ride. Please anyone have any info on a good place to ride tell me
The annual Delaware Double is held every June, Newark to Rehobeth Beach and back, 212 miles, one hill, and it's a bridge.

Ask at shops, the White Clay bike club, which puts on the aforementioned ride, is pretty active on dirt and pavement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts