Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm sure this topic has been beat to death, but I couldn't find anything specific using the search function, so feel free to point me to the right link.

We purchased my wife a new bike yesterday and though it left the shop shifting properly, it now jumps multiple cogs when shifting and makes a lot of noise. I've tried to adjust the H and L screws and have been able to get the derailleur to change to the highest and lowest cogs, it still proceeds to jump multiple cogs, then do nothing for a couple of shift attempts before moving to the next cog.

This is a road bike with a 10 speed 105 derailleur.
Thanks,

·
Banned
144 Posts
go to the park tool online help and become familiar with it if you want to do your own work, if the bike upshifts fine then no problem with adjustments, if downshifting is a problem(cable release) then the cable is hanging up somewhere.So many things could be wrong if you cannot solve have the bike shop fix it as you watch.......finding a good shop is crucial...sounds like yours is not?

·
wyrd bið ful ãræd
1,725 Posts
Not trying to sound rude ... but are you in the correct chainring for the respective cassette cog ... if you are in the largest chainring then you should be somewhere in the 1-4 smallest cog etcetc

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured it out. It took some doing and I'm not sure why it got so out of whack, but with a repair manual and some time I got it adjusted properly. The only problem is we missed the weekend ride tinkering with it, but I guess this was a learning experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts