Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a problem with my NiteRider TriNewt...

When I plug in the battery to charge the gauge shows both a blue and red light and does not change even after over 4+ hrs of charging. If I unplug it and connect the lamp, I get no headlight and the red/blue in the battery gauge disappears. The light worked fine a year ago but I have had it in storage since then and not used it. The light was a gift when I was back in Canada but I am now living and working in Germany so I don't have the receipt and therefore I suspected I have no case for a warranty.

I have contacted the company and waiting for a response. In the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I did not -I didn't see any information that this was necessary. The light has been in storage for a year.

Anyway, I already received a response from NiteRider that there is an error in the battery when both lights are on. I need to send it back for repair.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi! I just purchased one on ebay (brand new) and got the dreaded blue/red light myself. My question is, did they give you a hard time about not having receipts when you requested to have your battery fixed? or did they tell you to just ship the battery to them and they'll do the rest?

I'm planning on returning the item to the ebay vendor and buying a new one, but if that fails, I'd like to know how Niterider deals with this issue.

Anyone have insight on Niterider customer service?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had the same problem with my Trinewt right from the start. Niterider exchanged the battery with a new one, with no questions asked. According to the customer representative they had a bad batch of batteries that slipped through production at some point. The problem was corrected with the new replacement battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.