Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Ian here, really hope someone can't help me with some advice I have been pulling my hair out lol.

I have a Carrera vengeance 18" 2018, it's basic as f*ck but does what I need it to, the problem is there's a ticking or clicking sound coming from some where, the noise only happens while pushing or coasting my bike??

Then only when the pedals are vertical 馃槵馃槵馃槵馃槵馃槵

When the pedals are horizontal silence, it's drive me nuts 馃が馃が馃槫馃槫

Cycologist
Put it in a workstand and see if it still does it. If it does, you should be able to get a better idea where it's coming from. If you don't have a workstand, maybe you can carefully flip it.

Cycologist
Hello am trying to upload a video of the issue, unfortunately it keeps failing because of extension not support 馃槵馃槵 what does this mean ? Sorry
You need to host the video somewhere else (youtube for instance) and then link to it by pasting in the url to your comment.

Rippin da fAt
From what I can hear in the clip, the caliper is out of alignment with the rotor. Pad catching on the cutouts in the rotor is making the noise.

1. True the rotor.
2. Align the caliper.

Worse case, mountings need faced.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.