Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to this and a pretty active guy. I use to run a mile everyday inThe A.M. But over the last 3 years Ive had 2 knee surgeries so running just hurts the knee much more than riding a couple miles like I have been on my room mates cheap wal-mart bike. I'm trying not to spend over $500, being I do not need something that special, just something to ride everyday, and trying to do a little better than just going to Wal-Mart. I live in Wisconsin and ride on off road terrain, going up some pretty big hills and bluffs.
at first I was looking at full suspension bike but you guys steered me away from that yesterday. So I've been looking at new and used Ht's, and this is what I'm looking at now, any advice or new suggestion are very appreciated!! Am I even going the right route??

Im in thinking about purchasing one of these two.

The first one is a Motobecane-Fantom29er- Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim

Save up to 60% off new Mountain Bikes - MTB - Motobecane Fantom 29 SPORT

or

A used Giant-Revel 0- Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame
Asking $400.
Giant Revel 0 (Medium)

what should I do????

·
Rollin' a fatty
5,863 Posts
Can't go wrong with either as a starter bike but you get into new vs used and 26 vs 29 dilema.

You can test ride the Revel but can't the Fantom so going by how each bike feels won't work.

Component wise the Revel is a bit better.

·
Registered
12,416 Posts
The revel is also 3 1/2 hours away to just go check out let alone buy.
Just weighing out options!
i was thinking go with the Motobecane and just put better forks in it, like some rock shox!
Just a word of advice - you can save people a lot of typing if you stick to just one "Which Bike" thread. That way people can see what advice has already been given and also any other information you've already shared.

http://forums.mtbr.com/beginners-co...i-go-before-making-bad-decision-904296-2.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.