Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone Bought from or heard of these guys http://scooty-cycles.mybisi.com I found them searching bikes through google shopping trying to find the best price on a new enduro. There checkout on there site is down and they said they dont use paypal right now because they are having probs woth there account and i have to pay via Money Gram Transfer OR Bank T/T Transfer??? I dont buy much online so ???? what doo you guys say or where is the best place to get an enduro SL ??? '
Thank You

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
**** no!

First line on their website would warrant no sale.

"We are active in sales of products bike that cyclists need to ride and enjoy riding."

Translation: give us your money in which you will never see again in your pursuit of purchase of mountain bike of happy joy riding of trails.

·
my body breaks the falls
1,457 Posts
You're kidding, right? You want to send money to someone with no contact info other than a Yahoo mail address and a store built on a free e-commerce site?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahahah i ask what colors they have for the med enduro expert and they say red blue green silver and grey ??? I knew sum wasnt right they were to cheap

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
blazedu7 said:
Has anyone Bought from or heard of these guys http://scooty-cycles.mybisi.com I found them searching bikes through google shopping trying to find the best price on a new enduro. There checkout on there site is down and they said they dont use paypal right now because they are having probs woth there account and i have to pay via Money Gram Transfer OR Bank T/T Transfer??? I dont buy much online so ???? what doo you guys say or where is the best place to get an enduro SL ??? '
Thank You
Let me guess, you would have to ask your mom for her credit card to buy this bike, right?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sanjuro said:
Let me guess, you would have to ask your mom for her credit card to buy this bike, right?
hahaha you wish iv been payn for my own house and toys for 7 years lil guy o and my credit card is way bigger than my moms or dads thanks for your help. keep your jealousy to yourself

·
Registered
7 Posts
blazedu7 said:
Thank You
I am in exactly the same predicament. I emailed them, and I thought I'd share the response.

Sent email:

Hi,

I am interested in a new 2008 Specialized Enduro Comp, Large. Your prices seem competitive, but I can find very little information about you on your website, or elsewhere. Please explain your shipping and payment policy, including where the bike is shipped from. I would take delivery in Washington State. Where do you source your bikes, and does the bike come complete, and with the entire factory warranty? Please tell me how you satisfy customers that this is the case? Thanks.

Email Recieved:

Hello,

Thanks for your mail regarding our Company New (2008) Specialized Enduro Comp in Large Size, which is currently available in our company store.

This comes with full Specialized Warranty, 1 Year International Warranty and 90days Return Policy!!

We are (SCOOT Y CYCLES INC) located in the United State and We Sell the complete bikes and Frames which are from the most widely respected brands known today, We sell the exact road bikes you see in the Tour de France.

Our Company best selling price for the New (2008) Specialized Enduro Comp in Large Size is : $1,500 USD and the Shipping cost to Washington State is :$100 USD.

Total Cost is:$1,600USD.

We ship from the United State globally Via (FED EX) Away bill Shipping Company and your order will be delivered within (48HOURS) to your Door Step, immediately your payment is been made and confirm, we can Guarantee you that.

And we issue out to you a Tracking Number# to track status of your order, for better confirmation of your purchasing order as .

Payment Method: Via (Money Gram Transfer OR Bank T/T Transfer) only to enable a fast Transaction and immediate Confirmation which we can be 100% rest assure about, if really a genuine, Due to past experience of illegal.

To Place an order us if really interested, do get back to us with your full Shipping Details such as Shipping Address, Contact Number# and Receivers Name, so as to have your Shipping Profile saved on our company data base.

And when to proceed on an immediate Purchase so as to get your order Well-Package and ready for Shipment pending your your payment is been made before proceeding on Shipping.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks for your anticipated patronage.

(SCOOT Y CYCLES INC)

Sales Representative

Jenny

(216)- (539)-(0578)

My View:

I think it's a little wierd, and I have to say that I'm still skeptical. They have no 'about us' page, and their contact page is a hotmail address. Their payment page is, however, encrypted, which is somewhat better. I wonder if Visa or Mastercard would protect you against this if it is a fraud? Anyone know how long the site has been around, or better yet, bought anything from it.

The sales rep's grammar was a little bit wierd, which worries me too.

I don't really know what to make of it, although they have a great price. The saying goes, "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is." I'll have to keep investigating...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya i got that exact same email from them and there grammer is no good also when i asked about color ???? i dont think they come in those colors. well let me know if you find any good prices on new enduros. haha i think ill stay away from them

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i got this when asking about there site and lack of info ......Hello Brandon,

Thanks for your mail and do bear with us for Error in checking out,the page is currently undergoing some Construction for now and not you will be given a call by one of our company Sales Department regarding your order for better communication and safe Transaction..

Best Regard.

Jenny

and this regarding color.............................
Hello Brandon,

Thanks for your mail and immediate response..

We Currently have some primary colors for both the Specialized Enduro Pro and Comp in our company store,such as Red,Green,Blue,Silver,Gray and all other colors for now are upon order..

Looking forward to hear fro you with you Specifying color,so to get it Well-Package and and proceed on immediate Transaction and Shipment

Best Regard

Jenny

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i asked about using paypal and got this ...................
Hello Brandon,

Thanks for your mail and immediate response..Like i told you before the Checkout page is currently undergoing some Construction for now..

Sorry we are having some difficulties with our Company pay pal account so we can only accept payment for now Via (Money Gram Transfer OR Bank T/T Transfer) only to enable a fast Transaction and immediate Confirmation which we can be 100% rest assure about, if really a genuine, Due to past experience of illegal.

Note:Your full shipping profile is been saved on our conpany data base pending when your payment is been made before proceeding on an immediate shipping

You will be given a call by one of our company Sales Department for better communication and safe Transaction soon.

Awaiting your Response..

Best Regard

Jenny

·
My spoon is too big!
881 Posts
"Scooty Cylcles"...HA!!! they can't even spell their own name right on the website header!

·
Registered
7 Posts
older and slower said:
and take a bite out of these scamsters. OP, did you bother to Google the phone number?

http://albuquerque.backpage.com/Pet...ppies_for_sale/classifieds/ViewAd?oid=1152455

http://www.akcbullies.com/contact.html

Oh wait. Maybe the bulldog breeders are scamming the bike shop, hijacking their phone number. Yeah, that's it. Turn 'em in for the reward.
I know, I googled the phone number and got the same reply. I don't think I'm going to buy a 1500 dollar bike of someone whose grammar is downright pitiful, with a site that looks like it has been done in 5 seconds, and no security or proper payment methods. It worries me, but if anyone else thinks otherwise, I'd like to hear their reasoning. Also, I phoned that number, and it went directly to an automated answering machine (no name, just "The person you are looking for is away, please leave the message after the tone"). I asked some pretty provocative questions, so we'll see what, if anything, comes back.

·
pro leisure tour
773 Posts
use track shoes

Many sellers on eBay and other internet sites who aren't.. um... US citizens have similar grammar difficulties. Without protections available to credit card users you should perhaps...RUN AWAY!!!

·
Fireball in the Night
1,624 Posts
older and slower said:
and take a bite out of these scamsters. OP, did you bother to Google the phone number?

http://albuquerque.backpage.com/Pet...ppies_for_sale/classifieds/ViewAd?oid=1152455

http://www.akcbullies.com/contact.html

Oh wait. Maybe the bulldog breeders are scamming the bike shop, hijacking their phone number. Yeah, that's it. Turn 'em in for the reward.
You beat me to it. Totally looks like the work of 419 Boys. (not the area code in USA)
216 is a ph # for neither Sacto nor ABQ.
The only thing worse would be finding a 809 phone # on their site.

The best scams and proper sales techniques appeal to the greed ingrained in our human nature.
Rexxx

·
Totally, and to the max.
2,555 Posts
blazedu7 said:
ya i got that exact same email from them and there grammer is no good also when i asked about color ???? i dont think they come in those colors. well let me know if you find any good prices on new enduros. haha i think ill stay away from them
First off, Specialized bikes are not for sale legitimately online. Against company policy.

Second, "and there grammer is no good also when i asked about color". Really, bro. Yours is pretty bad you're self [sic].

1 - 20 of 36 Posts