Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im using the DT swiss calc and i have the mm off my laserlite wtb rear hub disc multi speed.

27/21.5 - 66

Pitch Circle Dia (PCD) and Flange Dist the same? Dont they both measure from center to center of the spoke holes? What does the 66 nu designate?

Is PCD L 27 Ri 21.5 and the Flange Dist 66 divided in half 33, L and Ri? Is the box that says 0 spoke hole a standard 2.5mm for most all hubs? I dont get it.

thanks

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Not familiar with your specific calculator, but there are always 2 hub dimensions you need to enter.

The first is flange diameter, where you use the on-center distance between opposite holes (diameter of the spoke hole circle).

The second is flange to center distance. On symmetrical hubs (most front) it's half the distance between the two flanges. On asymmetrical hubs (rears) which need dished wheels you need to measure each separately. Stand the hub on the edge of a table resting on an axle face and measure up to the flange. Subtract that from the axle width ie. 130mm to get the flange to center distance. Turn the hub over & repeat for the opposite flange.

Whatever they're called, those ore the dimensions the calculator needs, along with the rim diameter measured at the nipple seats, aka the ERD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.