Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get these 4 freaking things on. I finally got one on but I used a hammer and can't hammer the rest. I'm only tearing the plastic. should I file the plastic? am I bring an idiot?

thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
stonethrow said:
I can't get these 4 freaking things on. I finally got one on but I used a hammer and can't hammer the rest. I'm only tearing the plastic. should I file the plastic? am I bring an idiot?

thanks.
Don't file any thing. Take the bolts out slide a screwdriver in the slot and spread the lock open ever so slightly while pushing the grip on. Also make sure it is lined up properly.
Mike

·
Registered
683 Posts
stonethrow said:

thanks.
I take the metal part (lock) and place it onto the grip, then turn it up-side down (lock part resting on a flat surface) and using the heel of my hand, press the lock onto the grip. I've never had any trouble. It should just click into place.

-sunny

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
sunnyracegirl said:
I take the metal part (lock) and place it onto the grip, then turn it up-side down (lock part resting on a flat surface) and using the heel of my hand, press the lock onto the grip. I've never had any trouble. It should just click into place.

-sunny
what she said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.