Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

This is my first post so please be kind to the newbie;)
I want to know if you all think that $75 is reasonable for a used suspension fork. I found a Rock Shox SID fork on Craigslist for $75 and it looks to be in really good shape. The seller says it has a leak on one side. It came as original equipment on his Schwinn Homegrown but he decided to replace it rather than fix it when it started to leak.
So, for this price I could have the shox rebuilt at hippietech or ,if possible, have it Pushed.
Please let me know what you guys think:confused:
BTW, he said if I pay the full $75 he will also include the Cane Creek headset that went with this fork. He replaced the original Cane Creek with a Chris King headset when he replaced the fork.

Thanks,
Mike

·
bonked
2,129 Posts
I don't think Push works on SIDs, and if it came on a Homegrown, that means it is what, maybe a 98 or 99 SID? I would walk away from that fork unless you know how to work on it or know what you are looking at. The 98 SID has different internals than the later forks and those parts are harder to find every day. Maybe Hippie can rebuild it for you, but you better contact them to find out first. If it is a later SID you can pretty much update it to what was current up to 2007. I have a 2000 SID that I had Brian from Shockspital rebuild and update. He replaced the old C3 damper with a newer Climbit Control damper and replaced all the seals and bushing. I have done all the work on my two other SIDs, one a 2004 and one a 2007 because they are easy to work on. I had Brian do the bushings and damper because I don't have the bushing tools and figured I would have everything taken care of all at one time. He does good work, you should consider him too.

Oh, and unless that fork is in REALLY good shape or has a rare 1 inch steerer (which it doesn't if it came on a Homegrown), $75.00 is kind of high.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Mike Knott,

I've got a 2005 Manitou skareb platinum 100mm disc only in dark red thats in primo condition. You can set the travel on this to whatever you like as its got the variable travel thingy to mount on your bar if you want or I have it set up with a knob on top of the fork leg. Theres 185mm of steer tube. Its got fresh oil, doesnt leak and kicks a SIDS ass, believe me I had that gen of SID on my 2000 Trek 9.8, its a noodle.

I replaced it on my XC bike with a 2008 SID so here it sits waiting for a new home.

I'll take 150 paypal for it, its a great deal.

PM me if UR interested

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.