Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, new member here, and new to the cannondale world too. I´m thinking in buying this bike, but not sure about the model, if it´s real, fake, or it´s another thing, wathever. .. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading

Attachments

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Something is really not right on this.

I have been doing this bike thing since the early 90s and dont recall ever seeing a cannondale with decal like that. Also it doesn’t look like typical cannondale frame tubing proportionally.

You should ask for a serial number, call Cannondale up to verify is one of their bikes.

Decals are easy to duplicate and can be applied on to anything.

Hopefully I am wrong and you can enjoy your new, what bike is that again?....

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
6,515 Posts
fake cannondale

BSO = bikeshapedobject

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Fake or not (which it is), I'd pass on it.

Gotta love the twisted spoke lacing. Don't see many wheels like that (for good reason).

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
The twisted spokes on the front wheel is something we used to do way back in the early 90s.
=sParty
Oh, I remember. :) Of all the things we'd seen evolve since the 70's, twisted spokes made just about the least amount of sense. Reminded me of Trans Am honeycomb wheels.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,711 Posts

·
furker
309 Posts
Even if it were actually built by Cannondale (it isn't), it still wouldn't be a quality bike to buy.

All the parts are cheap walmart parts. Knock off v-brakes and knock-off grip shifters. This is the kind of bike you buy so you can ride it to work and not worry about it getting stolen sitting in the bike rack all day. Except the fake cannondale stickers ruin it even for that, because some meth-head might think it is worth something.

If they mounted the fork backwards, it would at least have humor value.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Actually, with that oversized aero-tubing I think it is a high end time trial frame someone has converted to a mountain bike. Therefore, this might be a good buy, since you could upgrade a few things and do an IronMan.
B9D2EB38-5AF2-4277-A44B-CB37FEC08308.png

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You´re amazing guys, great advices here, thank you... maybe today i can have a look at the thing, if so, i will update later... I will keep an eye on the thread in case someone identify this bike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, after a short conversation with the owner, he admitted the bike is painted and decorated with the decals. I'm relieved and happy because of the support i had found here. Thanks again for the help.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts