Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend of mine went to the LBS, all ready to buy a Redline D660, and was told Redline has no more 2008 models, and the 2009s won't be available until Sept... too late for his needs.

I thought that there has to be something out there... anyone know of any 21" D660s out there? (yes, the Sasquatch size).

Thanks!

·
You know, for kids
1,570 Posts
the story is true, no more large D660 bikes until the '09s arrive. The color has been changed from red to "metallic slate" and the price is going up slightly, but not more than $100

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I heard, the D460s are in good supply.

The D660s are not.

If anyone has a shop or runs into a shop with a 21-inch D660, I'd be happy to hear about it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks to racerdave and the person who PM'd him

I'm that friend looking for the Redline D660 after having just sold my 2007 Giant Anthem. I was heavily bummed when the dealer told me Redline was out. I searched the internet high and low to no avail.

Long story short, my Redline D660 ships tomorrow and I'll be a 29er soon. Thanks to all.

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Redline Demo Weekend w/D460's

We're holding a Redline 29er demo this weekend, along with Titus and Specialized bikes.
It's at Hueston Woods State park in SW Ohio.

I stocked up on a number of D460's which have been very popular here and are conveniently sale-priced from SBS.
With the price cut, I was able to outfit them with a variety of front shocks-RockShox 302 and Reba SL, Marzocchi Bomber, and Fox F29RLC-and keep them well below the price of the D660.

I prefer the double-butted Sanko steel frame on the 460 compared with the aluminum 660.
And the mineral grey vs. bright red.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Bikerbob.com said:
I prefer the double-butted Sanko steel frame on the 460 compared with the aluminum 660.
And the mineral grey vs. bright red.
I agree. the d460 is a darn good looking bike. They've got a few d460's at my local shop (which I test rode the other day) and they're supposed to be getting in some more monocog flight 29ers, along with some other models.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.