Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, These are my current rims: Wheeltech TD26 by Alex Rims (can't find much info about these online). I need to replace the rear wheel as it is cracked (cracks on the rims around a few spokes)
It's a 700C disc brake rim with quick releases. What do I need to consider other than the size of the wheel when choosing a replacement? I'll likely migrate over the cassette and rotor (if need be). My knowledge of rims is limited so any help is appreciated!

Here is my bike: https://www.bikes.com/en/bikes/whistler/2015 (Must select Whistler 70 when on the site)

Thanks all!

·
Registered
323 Posts
You have 2 paths you can take for this repair, you can have a new run laced to your existing hub, or you can replace the entire wheel. Since your hub isn't anything special, it's probably not worth the cost to have a new rim put on, you can probably find an equivalent wheel for less than the rebuild cost.
Your hub is a 135mm qr hub, it users a standard hg driver for the cassette. It uses a centerlock rotor mount, so you'll want to compare prices of wheels with centerlock hubs to those with 6 bolt hubs plus a rotor.
Your rim should say 622xX on it somewhere. The X is the internal width, you'll want to find a wheel close to this width going much bigger or smaller will change ride characteristics, and going smaller will increase the chance of pinch flats.

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.