Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, really need your suggestion and opinion here. I'm 1.65m tall and by looking at most of the 29er Ti frames the top tube is really a big problem to me. My max eff top tube is only 22" unless I go custom (which will burn a big hole) do you guys have any idea on which 29er ti frames suits me well and doesn't cost a bomb. Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Check out www.quiringcycles.net. Scott Quiring will build you a custom Ti frame at a similar price to a stock one. He doesn't have his Ti frames listed on the main site, but check out the customer gallery for lots of examples. He built me one over the winter and I couldn't be happier with it. I had a similar problem in that I have a long torso and short legs so most stock bikes were short in the top tube. My custom geometry fits awesome.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jay for the info. I've already email him about the ti frame and has yet to recieve reply from him. Hopefully it'll be a good news. :thumbsup:

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Definately testride some alu and steel frames with convenient geometry for shorter riders. Such as a Gary Fisher.

BTW, with longer offset forks on the market, you're really not too small for 29" by far. Indeed Ti builders are a bit behind, still using "quick fix" 29" geoemtry that works out worse when you're shorter.

Scott should be able to fix you up with a "modern" geometry frame, around long fork offset such as on Fishers, to get a short fitting bike that handles as quick as you want/need, without any kind of toe overlap.

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
It wouldn't/couldn't hurt to contact Davis Carver at Carver bikes to see what he could do for you with regard to a Ti 29er if your budget is somewhat lower than what Scott Quiring would charge for a custom frame (although Scott's prices are insanely good).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It has been 2 days now I've not recieve any reply from Scott's Quiring. Or maybe I had the wrong email address.. Any 1 can enlighten me on their email add?? Thank

·
Registered
252 Posts
maman72 said:
It has been 2 days now I've not recieve any reply from Scott's Quiring. Or maybe I had the wrong email address.. Any 1 can enlighten me on their email add?? Thank
The one here should work. There is always the good ol telephone to! Pick it up, give him a call and talk bikes with him:thumbsup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
J-RAD said:
The one here should work. There is always the good ol telephone to! Pick it up, give him a call and talk bikes with him:thumbsup:
Ya I've tried that email address but no reply. It's difficult for me to call as I'm in a diff time zone. It seems that the email is not working. Fail to send it upteens times already. Any other way I can get thru them beside calling up??

·
HMFIC
370 Posts
Call or email, the sbcglobal email has worked for me very recently. I'm pretty sure he's not around this weekend due to some plans, but worth trying to call as J-Rad suggests. Like some others, he's very much a one-man shop with lots of work in the hopper. I find that a telephone call is most effective with Scott, either catch him when he's between work or leave him a message and he'll give you a call back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.