Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Glorified Hybrid Owner
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some tires with smaller knobs (think Nanoraptor). The frame I have has room for 700x42 at best.

What 29er tires work out to be close to 700x42?

Anyone know the actual dimensions of a 44/44 Nanoraptor when mounted? (I have 24m wide rims)

·
hispanic mechanic
2,701 Posts
A couple to consider...

I really like the WTB All-Terrainasaurus, although I think it may be discontinued. 42mm, connected center, rolls nice on asphalt but does pretty well on hardpack.
Another is the Maxxis Wormdrive, also 42mm, also fairly fast rolling.

Los

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've been riding IRC Mythos CX Slicks 700 X 42 (not to be confused with the XC's) and I like them a lot. Tough, light, responsive and cheap. Great for any hard, dry conditions other than rocks... low volume, not plush, recommended inflation range 50-75 PSI.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Bontrager XR 1.8s might fit also. I've been using one on the rear lately. It rolls fast on any hard surface and has a surprising amount of grip.

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Second the Ritchey's. No one ever mentions these tires when its asked for 42c tires. I like mine a lot. Perfect for gravel/fire road oriented riding with a good mix of pavement thrown in. I Have the XR's in the 2.25/2.2 size, and can imagine that the 1.8 version would be super fast too.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yep!

KeylessChuck said:
WTB Interwolfs are 38mm, superfast, cheap (wire beads anyway), and light. They work great on asphault and hard-pack, but suck in loose-over-dry conditions.
These are my current favorites on the cross bike. CO Cyclist has 'em for 15.00-16.00. I've tried 42mm Wormdrives and 42mm IRC CX. I like the 38 mm tires better, they still have that light, lively road bike feel. Instead of running 42's I'd just do a real 29er tire. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
rockhound said:
I am looking for some tires with smaller knobs (think Nanoraptor). The frame I have has room for 700x42 at best.

What 29er tires work out to be close to 700x42?

Anyone know the actual dimensions of a 44/44 Nanoraptor when mounted? (I have 24m wide rims)
The Mutano 44/44 specs are on my tire site. It is "small".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.