Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some past threads on this subject have disappeared, tho' I thought they weren't that old. State parks and some other land managers around the Seattle area are rethinking their sign standards (to the extent they have any) and we need some examples to consider. Thanks in advance.

·
Zach Attack
174 Posts
We have been working with the USFS for years and we have thrown our hands up with the crazy costs of signs! We now bring out the router and blender for our margarita sign routing parties.
We use 1" think cedar, route, spraypaint lettering black then wipe with floor stain right away to give cool antique look to face. Fast, easy and the best part is that they are personal. Far from perfect lettering, they reflect the fun and creativity we put into the trails. FYI, substitute margaritas w tea if you think a router is too dangerous or if the green shirts are in attendance.

z

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!!!

Go Garden State! Icing on the cake is this gets me some cred with the walkers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We use carsonite posts and now switched to 3" wide decals- wayyyyy easier than having plasitc signs rivited to the posts. A local sign maker does the decals and they are much less $$$$. He does our standard decal with Mtn Bike, Hiking, Snowshoe symbols and others for XC skiing.
here is the info:
Action Racing & Sign Co
N2165 State Highway 95
Neillsville, WI 54456-6866
(715) 743-6129

·
saddlemeat
3,873 Posts
NPS specs

Loren_ said:
We use http://fossilinc.com/home.html for our custom signs, and http://www.rockartsigns.com/ for our standard stuff.
Use National Park Service sign standards, approval will be easier when dealing with gov't agencies. Other benefit is that you will spend less time maintaining signage.

The Fossil Inc signs are about as good as you can do, and are easy to relace or update. They print your graphic files so you have total control.

The Carsonite delineators are durable and easy to configure. They are also easy to vandalize, you can basically snap them off at ground level. Having said that, I have had 1" solid steel rod posts hacksawed off, so nothing is truly vandal proof.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts