Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help a brother out! I'm T-3 days before leaving for Moab, doing a bearing reset and find my spring broken! :yikes: It's a Max 130 with the Fox RLC cartridge... Manual says I need a KH034/ or 035/ in Ti or a KH038/ or 039/ in steel. Yeah, I know I should get the PBR kit, but I think I'm too late now...:cryin:

Anybody got anything of these around??? I'd be will ing to pay to overnight it etc....

TIA

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be awesome! I'll send it to you for the PBR as soon as I get back! Promise!!! I've been on the firm i think... I could go with that or the x-firm... Manual says the firm is a KH034/, extra firm 035/ in Ti or a KH038/ or 039/ in steel. Lemme know!!! Thanks!!!

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,486 Posts
You still have PBR kits? How hard are they to install?
Yes, and not hard to install with a Castle tool.

If you're thinking of putting one in a Fox though, you need a new lower, as the ID of the bore is different. Any 2005 or newer "non Fox" Lefty can take one.....

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,486 Posts
Uhhh.... a new lower what?
Leg, sorry. Pricey.

Better off selling that fork and buying into what will be more future proof anyway. Damper parts (as well as springs etc) for that fork are impossible to source now, and won't be getting better.

If it runs great, and is perfect for you, and you treat it well, it is serviceable for the foreseeable future, just FYI.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.