Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got into the mtb scene i traded my bmx for an 05 specialized p2 :madman: stooped now i wish it rode like a bmx i brought it to a shop to get a single speed kit but i went to pick it up and they blew my hub so no kit but i will have money for a 9t profile hub dose anybody know if i could fit bmx cranks on it or am i going to have to buy the profile cranks with specal widths if so dose any1 know how wide the BB shell is :confused:

:rolleyes: pls help :rolleyes:

·
Registered
376 Posts
The best deal I've found on cranks / BB are here:

http://www.atomlab.com/webstore.html

WTF do you mean they blew your hub and who is they? If you're buying a hub you need to make sure it's 135mm in width for the rear. No regular BMX hub will work with a frame designed for 8-9 speed cassette. If you're going that route I just suggest purchasing the Azonic Outlaws wheel set. They retail for $330 for the whole set but you can get them cheaper.

Anyway, I hope this helps even though this post isn't too clear.

·
Registered
62 Posts
prolly 68mm or 73mm euro yes the make bbs that fit bmx cranks and your bb shell find out your frame specs and look on danscomp i know khe and profile make em

who got blown?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
claytin bike center i left my bike there for a week because i orderd a single speed conversion kit the kit hadent come after a week and i need a bike for the weekend so i went to go pick it up and it had a flat tire and a blown rear hub btw: i brought it in with a brand new tube (from the claytin bike center) and a almost brand new hub :thumbsup: fkin asshols

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i figurd a bmx hub wudent work kuz for 1 it has no disk mounts and 2 its for bmx sorry this post isnt too clear in short i wanna no if i can throw my old bmx cranks on an 05 specialized p2

·
Registered
62 Posts
the answer to that question is still yes

but r those fools who trashed ur bike gonna fix it for free? have you thrown a shtfit at them yet? and what is blown and irreplaceable about your hub? did the spokes rip the flanges apart? free test ride anyone?

final thoughts- Dont trust and/or depend on bike shops
never let them touch ur setup
If u want a single speed kit spend the extra ten bucks for a cassette tool and if your to cheep to get a whip rig a chainwhip with an old chain and vice grip
stock your own spare parts before they break and have all the tools to rebuild so you can when u need to(replacables,chains, brake parts, grips, forks(marz)...)
i dont recommend rigging tools but what u got is better than a trip to the lbs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
with my bmx bike i knew it top 2 bottom and back around again but kuz i just got the mtb i dont know it as well so i brought it to a shop but no there not going to get it fixed for me kuz there shure it was me whoo blew it and i wold love to have casset how do i do it ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the brrings got loose (and they didnt tighten it) then probably rode it got a flat and by then the loose berrings chewd up the hub shell:thumbsup:

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Yeah... I doubt they broke it. A shop ride doesn't consist of more than a ride around the parking lot to make sure it works... if that.

·
Registered
376 Posts
There have been bikes I've test rode after I've done work to it and I can agree with XSL. Even though the bike is amazing and I want to ride the heck out of it I fight the urge. It's not my bike to abuse, I have my own to do that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts