Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I'll try to keep this short: I've ridden bikes for a longtime with not much thought about it. A few years ago I got an NRS and continued riding with little thought, though my distances increased exponentially. I have since become quite interested at really becoming excellent at the sport. I purchased an 06 Turner Flux and will be moving to Austin in May. Since I currently live in New Orleans and things have been pretty rough here. And I had a hernia that was operated on five weeks ago. Given the hurricane and the hernia, I've sort of gotten out of shape, but the city and the hernia are better now and I'm about to throw myself at it.

I own a Cannondale R1000, so I have a roadbike at my disposal. Additionally, when school opens back up in January I'll have access to a gym again. I don't know anything about actually training for races, but I used to run cross country and swim competitively, so I'm pretty certain I can do reasonably well with enough effort. So basically the point of all this is that I need help getting a training regime going. I'd really appreciate some assistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.