Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok looking to buy a new Nomad frame and don't know what size frame to get.

Past bikes
03 Heckler MEDIUM with 100mm/110mm(can't remember stem size)
with 05 Talas (32) RLC fork 130mm travel. 175mm cranks, mid rise bars set up for more XCing- I felt streched out on this set up(for tech stuff), but it was ok for long rides.

05 SC Chameleon SMALL with 03 Marz Z1 freeride, 110mm 10degree rise stem. 175mm cranks, mid rise bars. Set up for more of a around the way rig street and dirt. I love the way this fit. Compact not too tight of a cockpit. Felt just right for a hard tail.

Here is my measurement info
(From http://www.competitivecyclist.com fit calculator)
Gender M
Inseam 30 in
Trunk 44 in
Forearm 12 in
Arm 24 in
Thigh 25 in
Lower Leg 19.5 in
Sternal Notch 55.5 in
Total Body Height 67.5 in

My GF did the measureent(and I really thought I had a 28 inch inseam all this time)
I am one of those guys with stumby legs and log torsol.

I was thinking of a small Nomad because of the top tube length of 21.9 (Med Heckler 21.5-Sm Lizard 21.5) I figure that I can run a 100mm stem.

Or should I go with a Medium Nomad (Topetube 22.8) with a 70mm stem?

Looking to go with a Fox 36 Talas fork and maybe 170mm cranks.
This is going t be my AM rig something of a combonation of my Lizard and Heckler.

Thanx

·
Bum Buzzer
1,992 Posts
For the type of riding you're describing, AND your height - WHY are you usign 100mm/110mm stems.

Understood that it may be what you're comfortable with, but you will be way better off in these applications using shorter stems. I use a 70mm on some bikes, but thats only because I'm 6'8"!!

Go with a medium and 70mm stem (use a 50mm if you want to RIIIIP)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huck Banzai said:
That was what I was thinking. Med and still have the option of going 50-70mm stem.
I stop by a shop that had a Med with a 70mm stem, and in the show room felt alright. But I think the Med with the 50mm stem would be the fit I am looking for.

I quess I was so caught up with the small lizard fit.

Thanx

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,925 Posts
Huck Banzai said:
For the type of riding you're describing, AND your height - WHY are you usign 100mm/110mm stems.

Understood that it may be what you're comfortable with, but you will be way better off in these applications using shorter stems. I use a 70mm on some bikes, but thats only because I'm 6'8"!!

I agree with the "Huckster"!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.