Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've transferred all of the parts, including a Push'd TALAS, from my 2004 Enduro S-Works over to my new Motolite. I want to build the Enduro up as a second bike using quality parts that I can find at blowout prices. For example, I recently snagged a brand new XT M-760 crankset for less than $150. Now it's time to select a fork. My goal is to find a quality, efficient pedaling fork with 120 or 130mm of travel (preferrably adjustable from 90-130 or something like that) for LESS than $300. I've seen some really good prices on 2006 Manitou Minute 3:00 (130mm of travel) and Minute 2:00 (90-130mm). I've also seen various blowouts on Marzocchi's and some Rock Shox.

The Enduro is 5" of travel and has the Brain, so it is really a heavier XC leaning trail bike....so the fork should be a good match.

What do you recommend? Where have you seen the blowout prices?

·
carpe mañana
7,309 Posts
sbermhb said:
I've transferred all of the parts, including a Push'd TALAS, from my 2004 Enduro S-Works over to my new Motolite. I want to build the Enduro up as a second bike using quality parts that I can find at blowout prices. For example, I recently snagged a brand new XT M-760 crankset for less than $150. Now it's time to select a fork. My goal is to find a quality, efficient pedaling fork with 120 or 130mm of travel (preferrably adjustable from 90-130 or something like that) for LESS than $300. I've seen some really good prices on 2006 Manitou Minute 3:00 (130mm of travel) and Minute 2:00 (90-130mm). I've also seen various blowouts on Marzocchi's and some Rock Shox.

The Enduro is 5" of travel and has the Brain, so it is really a heavier XC leaning trail bike....so the fork should be a good match.

What do you recommend? Where have you seen the blowout prices?
The question about prices is better suited to the "where are the best deals forum" http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54.

As to which fork to use, you seem to want a heavy platform, sacrificing small bump performance. Manitou will most definitely deliver. They are indeed inexpensive.

_MK

·
Haro Sonix LT VL120
813 Posts
Check out Fox's new 32 Talas X. It was just reviewed by Mountain Bike Action mag and they said it was a awesome fork. It had adjustable travel between maybe 90-120mm and featured their inertia valve damping and MBA said it worked great. The drawback is that it costs around 700 bucks.

David

·
Haro Sonix LT VL120
813 Posts
P.S. I didn't read your post thoroughly and missed the part about under 300 bucks. Sorry. Manitous SPV will allow you to dial in alot of platform if you like. I've also heard good things about their TPC damping too.

David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.