Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Huckin' trails
6,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just bought Vredestein Bull Lock tires, 26x2.0, folding and have a problem to seat a small section of the folding bead onto the rim.

The tire is sitting in the plain middle, and I can't get it to move and stay against the rim's wall, but only a 3-4" section. The renaming of the tire just sat right in, no problem.

I've tried to pump it up to 60 psi, by slow stages, hoping it would help, then deflate it, and start again, but pinching it and bumping it to try to get the bead to move. No results. Then I deflate it again, run the tire lever all over the bead to try move it closer, it works everywhere excepted the small section where it seems to refuse moving closer to the rim... See the pics.

The pics shows the tire before inflation, then the gap of the bead, then inflated and the difference between the bead seated bad and good...

Any idea ? It's the first time I mess with folding tires, I never had any problem with wire ones since years and I tried everything that would had work with a wired bead tire...

Thanks,

David

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,875 Posts
2 things, one you could spray a little soapy water at the sticking point to help it slide and two once you have a moderate amount of pressure in there, say 25 - 30psi you can hold the wheel at a 45° angle with the ground and tap the tire where the bead is stuck on the ground. Start with small taps and then progres to harder and harder taps. It might take a pretty hefty blow and the sound of the tire and wheel will mask the bead popping onto the rim so check it after each attempt.

The impact will momentarily loosen the bead at this point and hopefully let the tire pop on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.