Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals. I'm in kind of a pickle. I just recently got back into mountain biking after a two year hiatus, had lots of back issues but that's all finally sorted out. Anyways, I didn't want to buy a new bike and just started putting some new parts onto my old hardtail. I have a 2009 Fox Van R 140 on it now, but the spring in it is way to light for me. It was fine for the time I was just riding around the neighborhood but now that I'm back in the woods it's not gonna cut it, and I can't/doubt I ever will find a medium or heavy spring for the fork because it's so old.

This is looking like my best option, but I've been out of the game for a while and wondering if anybody else has a better suggestion.

Bike is 1-1/8th steerer, 9mm QR. It's a 2008 Raleigh Talus 5.0 if anyone is curious, I had it powdercoated.

Fox 2013 32 FLOAT 120 CTD O/C WHITE 9mmQR 1-1/8" from BikeBling.com

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly I would love to keep this fork, I'm all about set it and forget it. I just went 1x10 and while the bike was in the shop they called Fox for me and they don't have any of those springs left and obviously they're not making any new ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.