Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a FS bike with 4-5" rear travel (adjustable). I want to upgrade from my Judy J4 to something better and lighter for XC racing. It would be nice if it had 100-125mm of travel to match the rear.

To this end, I've been considering the Rockshox Revelation.

I have 2 questions: What recommendations do you have for me under $500 (closeouts from last year are good), and what do you think of the Marzocchi Marathon SL '06 which has a street price now of under $400? I've suddenly got an itch over that one. It's got up to 120mm of travel.

Thanks for your help!

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Nice fork

The Marathon SL is a nice choice. There are also some deals to be had on leftover Manitou R7 models that should be in your price range. I want to say Greenfish Sports, Price Point and/or JensonUSA have the R7 cheap.

Bob

·
Banned
462 Posts
http://www.greenfishsports.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=831

Check out the Manitou Black Super from Greenfish. I have the 2004 Platinum version which is basically the same fork. It's a great fork with 90-120mm of adjustable travel (lockout, compression, rebound). It uses a coil system rather than air. The weight is listed at 4.4 lbs, great for a coil fork. IMHO a much much better choice than the Rock Shox Revelation for the money.

Other that this I recommend the Fox Talas series which is air adjustable to 130mm I believe and weighs just under 4 lbs (3.78 lbs). I was looking at the RLC as a possible upgrade but haven't done too much research other than that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.