Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
New to the forum and new to mountain biking in general. Im trying to decide which bike to get heres what I'm looking for:

1) Budget: Preferably less that $500
2) Considering a Specialized Hardrock Disc (http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCProduct.jsp?spid=52709&scid=1000&scname=Mountain)
3) I'll be riding cross country mainly
4) I like Hardtail, but wouldnt hesitate to buy a full suspension.
5) 16 yrs old, 165 pounds, 6 feet tall...Moderately muscular athletic build (kinda thick)
6) I only know of 1 local bike shop but am sure there is a few more. I would order offline from a well-know and trusted website.
7) Any offers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pretty much figured I couldnt get a full-suspension which didnt bother me, I like a Hardtail... I do need a good helmet, I already have gloves, no hydration pack but I'll take a backpack with bottled water. What about the Hardrock? I've heard its a good bike, but does it fit my needs?

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
my buddy's nephew @ 14yrs maybe 140# folded his 400.00 Trek in 2 mos. He rides bmx (racing and DJing) so if you're remotely athletic and aggressive the used mrkt may yield a better initial buy. Some shops that have rental fleets close-out last year's fleet at good prices- that may be an option too. Run flat pedals for awhile, too. keeps costs down and skills high.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm pretty rough on any equipment of mine so maybe a used bike would be good.. The only thing is that I dont know what to look for, which brands are good and bikes are good and sturdy.. i've always rode department store bikes and rode em till they broke and bought another. If I find a decent looking bike for a good deal I guess I could post a link to it and see what some of you think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.