Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Scott is a tool.
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day guys. I want some honest opinions, i'm looking for something that i can give a good bashing, something in the way of 8ft to tranny, but also doesn't bend like rubber when i'm pushing on the flat or up hills. It doesn't have to be an XC race winner, just something that i could ride comfortably for most of the day.

The bikes i'm looking at are -

Reign 1 - I've always ridden Giant's and been very happy with them. Haven't ridden a reign yet, but have heared fairly good things.

Prophet 1000 - Rode one the other day, very impressed, just have reservations about the durability of the lefty.

Dawg Supreme - I think they have a good solid frame, but undecided on how well they'll peddle.

So, can you help me.

Cheers, Grant.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
On your list the Reign is my choice for the all around bike. Another one to add is the Versus Blitz '06. Very sweet bike with needle bearings at the pivots with zerk fittings to lubricate regularly. When you get into this catagory of bike they all pedal pretty well up hill & the Blitz is no exception very nice. :thumbsup:

http://www.versuscycles.com/blitz_detail.html

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
All good choices...

In my opinion you have 3 very good choices there. Don't worry, the Dawg will peddle fine. Read the reviews on that model. With the RP3 peddling efficiency is very good. I own a 05 Dee-Lux and love it. The Reign is nice and a different feeling ride than the Dawg, a bit more active all the time. This is what I've read and have not ridden the bike so a test ride on both back to back if possible is in order. I like Canondale innovation but the fact that they incorporate many propriatary parts is a minus IMO anyway. I wanted to test one when I bought my Kona but the shop didn't have a frame size even close for me and the Kona was a better bang for the buck. I've read many good reports about the Lefty though.
From purely a specifications standpoint I would give the edge to the Reign. Again it's a tough choice and personal preference based on a good test ride would be the best way to choose the winner.

·
Registered
602 Posts
LeopardDog said:
In my opinion you have 3 very good choices there. Don't worry, the Dawg will peddle fine. Read the reviews on that model. With the RP3 peddling efficiency is very good. I own a 05 Dee-Lux and love it. The Reign is nice and a different feeling ride than the Dawg, a bit more active all the time. This is what I've read and have not ridden the bike so a test ride on both back to back if possible is in order. I like Canondale innovation but the fact that they incorporate many propriatary parts is a minus IMO anyway. I wanted to test one when I bought my Kona but the shop didn't have a frame size even close for me and the Kona was a better bang for the buck. I've read many good reports about the Lefty though.
From purely a specifications standpoint I would give the edge to the Reign. Again it's a tough choice and personal preference based on a good test ride would be the best way to choose the winner.
The RP3 will not tolerate an 8foot to tranny...no way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.