Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Dimitry and I have been riding for about a year. I have a VT 2 stock with the XTR chain (I messed up the old chain) I am also 240 lb but can do OK on the bike. My chain started to jump off from the front middle gear to all the way over the smallest gear to the frame. WHY? :confused: It only happens on climbs when I have to hummer up. It really screws me up to since on the ramps and bridges once I am on it if one cannot pedal half way through one has a problem. I wiped out pretty nasty few times like that. PLEASE HELP…. :eek:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Dimka935 said:
It only happens on climbs.
From what you have said this happens when a heavy load is put on the chain. I can give you a couple of things to check - first check the middle chainring (front middle gear) for wear or damage, check that the front derailleur does not allow the chain to jump to the small chain ring. when in the same gear that your climbing in. It could just be as simple as a derailleur adjustment, but sounds like you have other issues going on with the chainrings. If you have ridden a great deal of hours on the chainrings it may be time to change the small and middle ones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.