Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an older set of Stans ZTR Arch wheels. The hub says it's a ZTR. I'm trying to get some replacement bearings for the hub, but not sure what bearings are compatible.

·
mtbpete
1,304 Posts
It depends on how old the wheel is. The original ZTR rear hubs use 6902 bearings. The second generation uses 6802 bearings. You can tell by the end caps. Black end caps equals the original ZTR rear hub with 6902 main bearings, and the front is not convertible to 15mm Another thing to note is that the first generation rear hub has somewhat of a design flaw that can lead to the freehub locking up. It can be fixed and upgraded at NoTubes. Also the freehub bearings on the first generation hub have difference size bearings and the inner bearing requires a very small retaining ring plier to remove it. If you have the first generation hub and need the bearings replaced definitely send the wheel to NoTubes. - Call first.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It depends on how old the wheel is. The original ZTR rear hubs use 6902 bearings. The second generation uses 6802 bearings. You can tell by the end caps. Black end caps equals the original ZTR rear hub with 6902 main bearings, and the front is not convertible to 15mm Another thing to note is that the first generation rear hub has somewhat of a design flaw that can lead to the freehub locking up. It can be fixed and upgraded at NoTubes. Also the freehub bearings on the first generation hub have difference size bearings and the inner bearing requires a very small retaining ring plier to remove it. If you have the first generation hub and need the bearings replaced definitely send the wheel to NoTubes. - Call first.
They have the chrome caps, and the front can be converted to 15mm. I ordered the 6802. I'm going to replace them myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts