Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Need some help with an accurate identification on these forks.
I know the usual suggestions, but no one has been 100% positive.
Its the additional fixing for the steerer tube that throws things.
Dont know what the Heart on the inside of the leg siginifies?
A copy, or have i just missed something important.....

Thanks
I bow to your knowledge in advance.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,939 Posts
My tange switchblades didn't have eyelets on the dropouts, nor the heart shapes on the inside of the legs.

·
Sweep the leg!
3,804 Posts
Keith Bontrager made a fork similar to it but I don't recall it having eyelets. Could be a Switchblade too.

Looks like a solid bit of 1989 history though.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Caffeine Powered said:
Keith Bontrager made a fork similar to it but I don't recall it having eyelets. Could be a Switchblade too.

Looks like a solid bit of 1989 history though.
looks like an Asian knock-off of a Bontrager/Switchblade. The heart looks European though... Definitely not the real thing. Crown is different too.

·
Registered
554 Posts
i'm going to say:

"No" on IRD ... seems that their crowns had much wider gaps.

"No" on Bontrager ... brake boss was quite different also the fork pictured would be akin to the Race but the Race (ones I have) aren't filled in at bottom of leg/dropout.

"Likely" Tange Switchblades ... though one pictured may have been modified by owner. On the Switchblades I have where the Hearts are there is a small rubber plug. Maybe it was an OEM Switchblade fork?

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
holden said:
i'm going to say:

"No" on IRD ... seems that their crowns had much wider gaps.

"No" on Bontrager ... brake boss was quite different also the fork pictured would be akin to the Race but the Race (ones I have) aren't filled in at bottom of leg/dropout.

"Likely" Tange Switchblades ... though one pictured may have been modified by owner. On the Switchblades I have where the Hearts are there is a small rubber plug. Maybe it was an OEM Switchblade fork?
The legs or the crown dont match anything made by Bonty or Tange. That crown is pretty close, but it is different.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.