Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time ago I stumbled upon a 29 inch gathering going down in the midwest this spring, I seemed to have lost the link to this website event. I figured this would be the easiest place to get help. At this point I guess I would like to entertain ideas of ANY other 29 inch only gatherings/festivals/races/beer drinking. So if someone could start posting the links that would be awesome. peace

1,420 Posts
midget said:
Some time ago I stumbled upon a 29 inch gathering going down in the midwest this spring, I seemed to have lost the link to this website event. I figured this would be the easiest place to get help. At this point I guess I would like to entertain ideas of ANY other 29 inch only gatherings/festivals/races/beer drinking. So if someone could start posting the links that would be awesome. peace
http://crookedcog.com/29er-meetup/

The 2007 Big Wheeled Ballyhoo is in my town of Decorah, Iowa. We are already getting things in place for this event. New trails are being mapped, maintenance is being scheduled and parties are being planned. We are really looking forward to having people from all over come and ride our trails and drink our beer.

1,420 Posts
Here are some pics of a special section we made to challenge everyone.

1) The Log on the right of the picture is about 5 feet off the ground and has recently been made into a log ride as well. There is a trail to the right that ramps you onto the tree, you ride it to the end where another ramp hooks into the existing log ride, as pictured.

2) Teeter fun

3) Ramp onto original log ride

4) Pic a trunk to take you down to the ground

Attachments

·
I just passed you
181 Posts
that and Gnomefest too!

It sounds like a blast! I love gatherings like this... true MTB spirit; racing just doesn't do it for me anymore. Also, see you at GnomeFest 4, which will be moved up a couple of weeks this year for the possibility of better weather.

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
What a hairbrained idea!

Who woulda come up with such a thing anyways? ;)

Thanks for the linkage, 1strongone1, and yes, this is going to be pretty cool. As of right now I know of two demo trailers and several other companies that plan on being there for demo/test rides. We have a raffle for a 29"er in the works amongst other silliness.

The trails are stellar in Decorah, do not let the fact that this is in Iowa fool anyone. ;)

1strongone1, if you wouldn't mind PM-ing me your e-mail, I'd like to pick your brain about a few things. Thanks!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the replies, the iowa one is the dealo i was looking for. thanks again.peace

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.