Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are long and narrow. I also need something with little to no arch support. I have zero arch in my left foot and a small arch in my right foot. I don't want my foot to move when I pull up when I pedal. If you also have a pointer for road shoes too, that would be great.

Thanks

·
Hop Head
140 Posts
They are long and narrow. I also need something with little to no arch support. I have zero arch in my left foot and a small arch in my right foot. I don't want my foot to move when I pull up when I pedal. If you also have a pointer for road shoes too, that would be great.

Thanks
I'm in the same boat as you, very flat feet. The best advice i can give you is go to every LBS and try them on. I have been riding shimanos for years and like them. I currently have the 162 and love them, pretty cool looking too.

Shimano M162 Mountain Shoe at Price Point

·
Registered
66 Posts
The best investment you can make would be a custom orthotic or footbed for your shoes. Any sports medicine doctor and many podiatrists should be able to make them for you. Another place to look that may be slightly more economical would be a custom ski bootfitter. It looks like you're in Yuba City, CA from your profile. Call over to the Start Haus in Truckee and ask them about footbeds for cycling shoes.

I'd still expect to pay at least $150 for these, but they can last a long time. A good cycling shoe should have a removable footbed so you can stick the custom one in. This will eliminate a lot of arch pain.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Sidi

I have long narrow feet with pretty flat feet and they work great for me. Throw in a super feet or similar insert to take up some room and provide a little extra support.

Sent from a tiny keyboard

·
What day are we riding?
1,088 Posts
I have long, skinny, flat feet. Sidi has worked well for me in the past but I got a pair of Mavic shoes last year and like them even better. Like others have said, plan on getting an insole with some support.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Try Bont's for the road. They are expensive, but are completely moldable. Just need to put them in the oven, take them out and mold them to your foot. So completely customisable.

For MTB - I have found that most shoes are narrow. My issue has been finding shoes wide enough. So no help there, sorry. But as someone else mentioned, go to your LBS(s) and try every pair you can on. Then buy the one that fits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts