Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I'm looking at moving up the full suspension world, but my price range is pretty much putting me in the used market and I have no problem with that. I want it for XC/ 'all mountain'.... type riding. I might try a few small drops just to see if that is something I want to pursue in the future with a different rig. I have no real brand preference, but I have been doing my research. I don't want to spend more than $500 for the bike, and I am capable of performing any maintenance necessary besides replacing bottom brackets or welding frames.

I was looking at the various Haro models, Shift or extreme from 04 and up because those look like burly bikes and have a decent component list. My fear is that they might be a bit on the porky side, what do you think? (My current hardtail is an 04 Fuji Thrill that I have upgraded a few things to and it weighs just about 28lbs.) The Extreme X2 I saw weighted 35lbs. What is a good weight for a full suspension bike in this range?

What preferences do you guys have?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like what I've read about the Haro's, but I want to know if the weight will actually be that much of an issue? I found from their website that it is 35lbs, is that alot of a FS bike? My Fuji weighs in as I said, at about 28 but this is with a heavy crappy fork and I think I could knock a few pounds off with a nice unit, I just don't want to spend the money on it at this point.

What other favorites are out there?

·
May the Force be with you
1,035 Posts
Hi I had this same bike. I loved it! Very good Xc bike and the i drive works great.The only reason i sold it was to purchase the new i drive.
I sold my bike for $500.00 on ebay. I had some up grades as well, carbon bars disc brakes.
http://cgi.ebay.com/GT-XCR-3000-I-D...9QQihZ004QQcategoryZ98083QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I found this Gt on Ebay he is asking too much but I can tell you it won't sell for much more than $500. Just watch ebay you can find a good deal if you keep looking.

Specialized bikes seem to run about that on ebay also.

Good Luck,

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.