Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

i picked up my 07 norco rampage frame last week. but i have no idea what to get for it

also what is your opinion on color theme?
anodized red?
anodized blue?
or anodized gold?

the chose these colors because i hope to get Hope hubs and atom lab Pimp lite rims and cane creek solos.

i think the obvious answer is blue since the frame is a hint of blue but i don't mind it being loud/bling. i like it shiny and sexy. i was thinking red or gold.

thanks for any suggestions and technical info.:thumbsup:

Also does anyone know off hand what my bottom bracket size is?
i am sure the headset should be 1 1/8.
the frame is still bare with no parts. i dont know what crank or bb to buy =(

·
Registered
2 Posts
dangerboy has some pretty slick colors but it looks like their site is under construction... you may also want to read reviews on their quality, I don't know much about them.

·
Is that Bill rated?
440 Posts
Fellow Rampage owner

Hey, I have the same frame, but in Large. Mine is built up with black parts to capitalize on the baby blue's subtlety, but I have on special occasion put coloured zip ties on to it. I have to say that yellow/gold looks awesome with that paint job, I think that blue accents would get tired pretty fast
But seriously, you have to ride it, dress it up how you want to see it every day. Then get it muddy, because that blue is smoking with some brown dirt all over it.
Oh, the BB shell is 68mm wide and any 1 1/8 headset will work, although the tolerances on my headtube were poor so I am running a deep cup to give a little extra strength. Do you have a seatpost, I ended up running a 27.2 with some bizarro 30.2 or 30.4 shim because it wasn't quite tight with a 30.0 seatpost.
Pics when it is done.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lord Humongous said:
Oh, the BB shell is 68mm wide and any 1 1/8 headset will work, although the tolerances on my headtube were poor so I am running a deep cup to give a little extra strength. Do you have a seatpost, I ended up running a 27.2 with some bizarro 30.2 or 30.4 shim because it wasn't quite tight with a 30.0 seatpost.
Pics when it is done.
what do you mean by the head tube, something of concern about it not being strong enough?

i have 0 parts :D i will look into the seat post thing and try to find a shim.

so

BB = 68mm
Seat. 27.2 with shim a tad over 30
headtube standard 1 1/8

now to shop the many many brands and colors :madman:

Thanks everyone so far for your inputs, they really help

·
Is that Bill rated?
440 Posts
Seatpost

The seatpost is supposed to be a 30.0, but mine came oversize slightly so I bought several shims from 30.2 up to 30.9 and used my 27.2 Thomson. This may not be an issue for you, your seat tube may be a better tolerance fit with your seatpost, I was just relaying what I had to do to get my seatpost to fit without slipping.
On a similar note, a headset should be a tight fit to avoid any play developing and my headset bottom cup pressed in to the headtube ridiculously easy so I am running a deep cup to provide better support.
Neither of these issues may exist on your frame.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.