Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2,706 Posts
I'm not really familar with that bike but I know Magnas are department store bikes. And this means it is a mass produced, cheap bike. Not really a good bike to be totally honest.

If you want a quality, trail worthy mountain bike. Go to you local bike shop and plan on spending at least $500 or so. In the mean time, take your Magna and put it on Craigslist and get whatever you can.

·
Registered
155 Posts
VTSession said:
I'm not really familar with that bike but I know Magnas are department store bikes. And this means it is a mass produced, cheap bike. Not really a good bike to be totally honest.

If you want a quality, trail worthy mountain bike. Go to you local bike shop and plan on spending at least $500 or so. In the mean time, take your Magna and put it on Craigslist and get whatever you can.
Doesn't always have to be 500$. Depends on what he wants to do.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Magna is currently a dept. store bike. A bike is a pile of parts. What brands/models of parts are on your Magna? Shifters, derailleurs, brakes.

What are you using it for? Getting in shape? Commuting? DH racing?

Call and ask them:
http://www.magnabikes.com/owners.htm

·
Bikecurious
306 Posts
Magna is just one of the names that Dynacraft builds bikes under (Rallye, Malibu, Rhino, Next, etc). Most of Toys R Us's bikes are made by Dynacraft, including those sweet little princess bikes with the streamers and baskets. I assemble a lot of them, basically just toy bikes. Prob alright to cruise around town on, but don't take it on anything tougher than a gravel road and don't sink any money into it. And check to make sure all of the bolts are tight, a lot of assemblers slack on the torque.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.