Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Cannondale Trigger 29 Carbon 1
2) Cannondale Jekyll 29 4
3) Niner Jet 9 RDO
4) Pivot Mach 429
5) Intense Carbine 29

I am leaning towards the Pivot but have been a Cannondale rider for over 12 years!

Any thoughts as this is very costly and want to make the right choice?

Thanks for your time. :)

csimon

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Honestly... ride them. That's the best way if you're worried about your decision. You'll know which one is right.

·
29ers Forever
2021 Rocky Mountain Altitude A70
3,425 Posts
If you can, test ride them.
I don't think there has ever been a 29" Jekyll so cross that one off of your list. But if you mean the Cannondale Scalpel, it will be the stiffest of all of the others. The Carbine has the most travel (160-140) and will be the least XC of all. The Trigger has 130mm of travel and will be like a Scalpel but plusher.
The Pivot, however, would be your best choice.
But again, ride them first before making a choice.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Maybe Intense spider comp on your list instead of carbine 29?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I would buy the Turner Czar. If that doesn't work, the Pivot rides very nicely, too (and they run a bit on the big side, FWIW).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry - meant Scalpel 29 4

If you can, test ride them.
I don't think there has ever been a 29" Jekyll so cross that one off of your list. But if you mean the Cannondale Scalpel, it will be the stiffest of all of the others. The Carbine has the most travel (160-140) and will be the least XC of all. The Trigger has 130mm of travel and will be like a Scalpel but plusher.
The Pivot, however, would be your best choice.
But again, ride them first before making a choice.
CannondaleF9 - sorry meant Scalpel 29 4.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for your help. I like the idea of the Turner, but there is only one dealer locally, so that is out. That said I am 6'2, 240lbs, so size of the Pivot is no worry, maybe a blessing actually :)

Anyone have experience with the lefty's from Cannondale? I like the concept, but worry if they are really going to handle my size over the longhaul. It also seems like Pivot is the front runner due to the feedback, reviews, style and key differentiators.

But I need to ride them all as like everyone has said.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts