Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to order an Ibex but wanted some help on which model to buy. I am 6'2" 205 pounds. Have been riding road for years and would like to transition into Mountain. I was thinking of fs because I'm 35 and have arthritis. The arthritis is in my hands but think fs would still help. Otherwise in good shape and get crazy like I did as a teenager. I don't want an old person bike because I don't ride that way. I've been reading up and have been leaning towards an Ibex over Iron Horse, but haven't decided which model. I live in Florida and make frequent trips to Indiana (Brown County) and Georgia (Atlanta). Not a lot of steep rides mainly trails. Choosing between the Atlas Sport and Asta Comp x7. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Cuánto pesa?
7,823 Posts
scifiteach said:
Getting ready to order an Ibex but wanted some help on which model to buy. I am 6'2" 205 pounds. Have been riding road for years and would like to transition into Mountain. I was thinking of fs because I'm 35 and have arthritis. The arthritis is in my hands but think fs would still help. Otherwise in good shape and get crazy like I did as a teenager. I don't want an old person bike because I don't ride that way. I've been reading up and have been leaning towards an Ibex over Iron Horse, but haven't decided which model. I live in Florida and make frequent trips to Indiana (Brown County) and Georgia (Atlanta). Not a lot of steep rides mainly trails. Choosing between the Atlas Sport and Asta Comp x7. Any suggestions? Thanks!
scifiteach,
After reading through your post twice, I come up with the ASTA Comp X7 :thumbsup:

The Asta will give you a platform for 3 styles of riding: XC, AM and some Road work by just locking out the fork and shock..The Lock-outs come in real handy if and when you do have some out of saddle climbs..With your roadie background you know already that you want a solid and stable frame when climbing and or sprinting..;)

Just my 2cents...........Happy shopping...:cornut::D

Jake :ihih:

PS. 54yrs old, spinal arthirtis and riding a hardtail MTB with a Dura Ace cassette (12x27)..:lol:

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Another Asta vote

See my response to your thread in the "What Bike to Buy" forum for details.\

Bob

·
Registered
739 Posts
mrpercussive said:
i'm with jake there... but if you see yourself doing more extreme stuff... you might want to consider the Atlas... :)
I agree with mprercussive .. if you see yourself doing more extreme get atlas, but with arthritis at only 35, I would suggest not doing anything to crazy ... you are still young and have arthritis ...need to start taking care of that body. So go with the asta and stay away from anything too crazy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.