Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide on a new xc rig. I have it narrowed down to three but am open to other suggestions. I am looking at the Giant Anthem Advanced Pro 29, Niner RKT 9 RDO (3 star build), and the Santa Cruz Blur.

I demoed the Giant and liked it. I really like the kit on the Niner but keep hearing the company is on the verge of closure. I also like the blur but compared to the Niner and Giant, the model I want is significantly more expensive. Don't think I will be able to test ride the Blur or Niner on actual trails to compare.

I want something with at least GX Eagle. Also I understand that the difference between the Fox Performance Elite and Factory is the kashima coating. What is the difference between the Performance and Performance Elite fork?

Which bike would you recommend?

THANKS

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I want something with at least GX Eagle. Also I understand that the difference between the Fox Performance Elite and Factory is the kashima coating. What is the difference between the Performance and Performance Elite fork?
Unable to help with the bike selection since I've not rode any of those bikes, but I have used a bike with a fox 36 performance fork, so somewhat relevant.
The difference between the performance and performance elite is the damper. The performance series is using the old GRIP damper, while performance elite series uses either Fit4 or GRIP2 dampers. Also, both series are on black stanchions, meaning no kashima coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.